Hybrid Working & Post-pandemic Workplaces
For almost 15 years we have been measuring the indicators of staff productivity in the workplace through in-depth quantitative, and qualitative, staff surveys.
At the start of lockdown in 2020, we adapted our staff survey to enable us to compare our in-office benchmark with home working performance levels.
Averages hide significant edge case variations within and across clients of course, but if your staff are now performing considerably better from home than they were in the office, then we want to make sure you harness that improvement - and re-plan your central workplaces accordingly
Our figures - spread across all our clients - show (see graphic) that the average employee is substantially more productive from
home that he/she is from the office.
This result is reinforced by staff's own perception that they are more productive from home.
Workplace Futures Staff Survey
Our 'Workplace Futures' staff survey will enable you to identify
- Your staff Productivity Index level compared with our benchmark
- Identify those staff/groups who have most need of the office
- And those who have little if any need
- We identify the type of activities which will draw your staff back to the office - and how often
- How that 'draw to the office' can be encouraged or discouraged
- And how your central workplaces should be planned to accommodate the new requirements
Post COVID-19 lockdown workplaces are new to all of us. No matter what staff say, or predict, they will do, their preferences and behaviours will evolve. And then they will evolve further as they become affected by the preferences and behaviours of their team mates, peers and managers.
The future workplace must adapt to these changing requirements so it is important to be prepared for changes. Activities we are performing - right now - to inform the evolution of the workplace:
- Reviewing workplace utilisation
- Tracking the overall demand for central workplaces
- Tracking utilisation levels of all space types
- Identifying which space types staff prefer for which activities
- Reviewing staff feedback on in-office workplace satisfaction and productivity indicators
Contact us now to hear how we are partnering with organisations to plan their exit strategy including prepare their workplaces for a social distancing return to work.